View Single Post
Old 04-17-12, 11:39 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I agree with most of what Seve says, but I've got A-520s on my bike, and have had them for years, and I wouldn't recommend using them with tennis shoes. They're one-sided, and it looks like this should work fine, but, in practice, they aren't flat enough, and the spots they press into under your feet will get sore before long. They're still great pedals, though - I love mine!
One thing I've wondered about the A-series spds (and especially the 520 and 600, but also the 530) is does the flat bottom act as a larger platform for your foot (more like a road pedal), or is it too low below the clip to have that effect? For what it's worth, I like the M520's that I have now (but rarely go on rides more than 20-30 miles) and should have a set of the ProblemSolvers Decksters coming in a few days so I can put those on one side and ride with regular shoes the few times I want to do that.