Old 04-17-12, 06:22 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2925 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
I can take it leave it. I have two and I am not clamoring to get OK OK I have a SR and a NR but still I think that is enough.

I think perhaps one of the reasons they are so bland but functional is simply the time they were designed in. Campagnolo made a good light crank that did a tough job and took a beating. There was no CAD or CNC computer or machines back then so all the design was done with sliderule and trial and error. Taking the time and money to design something else that may look nice but possibly not function well was perhaps a risk they were unwilling to take.

I think a little paint can go a long way to spruce them up though and that is likely one of the main reasons so many builder had then pantographed.

Personally I think the original Chrous is the best looking crankset ever made followed closely by the C-Rec and the Victory. Victory would be second but it never came in 172.5

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk