Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ed

2. I am now a legit member of the volunteer parks and rec trail maint. crew. There are only a couple of people that come out there to keep it cleaned up and trimmed down. I didn't know about it last spring b/c it was so overgrown. I'm stoked to help and keep it trimmed. I was informed by one of the locals that I have no priveledges to build or reroute. All I can do is trim and prune. Parks and rec said I have complete autonomy. I'm confused. I don't necessarily want to turn it into BC, but some of the tech offshoots are begging for a connector drop or small berm to maintain some beautiful flow. Frustrating.

3. I feel bad. My big roll-in boulder that I've been riding is alot of fun...all I did was clean up the approach to it so it's rideable. One of the local bike shop workers said that a noob saw it, tried it, broke his bike, broke his face. I feel somewhat responsible...though it's too bad common sense can't prevail.
1: Congrats, be ready to put in more time tending to that than riding it at times. Parks and rec's word has more weight to it than a local's does.

2: Don't feel bad, people are stupid in nature when it comes to stuff they think that they can handle no problem.

3: Just be glad that you don't do work on a pumptrack that also has dirt jumps and soon to be completed 2 flow lines. Anyone new to it has to earn their stripes before they get on the dirt jumps.