View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 06:32 AM
BobV13

Bikes: FUJI

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I test road a Trek FX yesterday and I must say that the ride put a few of my fears to rest. First was that I might not get a true bicycling experience. I did but it was better because at any time I could choose my level of effort. It was my first ride on an ebike so I have no other ebike to compare it to. The bike shop was mainly your everyday LBS and not a big ebike seller. The bike they were wanting to sell me was their demo bike at a little less than $2000. It appeared new in just about every way. I worry about the battery mostly and although it was fully charged when I began my ride it dropped one bar (out of 10 I believe) very quickly but no others in my 15 minute test ride. I'm wondering about this bike and is battery/motor sizes because of what I've discovered below.

I've been doing a little investigating about the Trek ebilke models, and I've found 3 for 2012, the 7200, FX and Velencia. I'm ruling out the 7200 because it has only the 33cell battery vs the 44 cell battery for the other two. It looks like the Velencia is setup a little more for commuting and the FX for fitness. However in 2011 I've seen some FX models with only 25Watt motors and 33 cell batteries. That may be a European model. Whatever the deal is I'm going to have to be very careful.

Last edited by BobV13; 04-26-12 at 06:35 AM.