Old 04-29-12, 12:43 PM
IvyCap
Wear One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicSchwinn
+1 - Flipped riser stem no equals nitto jag stem.

I'd love to give tubulars a try some day. Props to you and welcome to BFSSFG! Kiss your productivity and disposable income goodbye
hahaha! I actually found the stem in an unused parts bin i had in the garage. And when i saw the stem I thought, "Nitto Jaguar!!" I know it's lame but I guess in theory the drop would be the same as placing the stem further down the steerer tube? And my productivity is waayyy below average. And my bike is like a spouse, takes all my money just to look beautiful.
Originally Posted by thenomad
You got a good deal, props on that.
I'm guessing the stem and bar angles are just for looks? Bar and stem need work.

Its not a stem 'with rediculous drop' its a generic MTB riser stem flipped on top of a big spacer stack. A straight stem slammed with no spacers would look better. Pursuit bars that are falling forward are like road bars angled really far upwards.
Precisely sir. When I started putting the bike together alot of what I had in mind was the look of the bike and not really thinking about how it would feel during the ride. not to mention i haven't even ridden the bike due to the lack of parts. But i see what you mean on the goofy looking angles of the stem and bars. But I'm going to give it a try, I have never ridden bullhorns in my life.