View Single Post
Old 07-29-05, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Tatt2Rider
What is up with my never ending hunger lately ? As some of you know i have lost 110 lbs now since January of this year so this worries me. What can cause me to be so damned hungry ? Its 1030pm and I just had to eat half a small chicken breast and humous. Please any advice ? My diet hasnt changed until i started getting hungry and only then I started eating smaller healthy snacks through the day after this hunger marathon has started. All this started about 1 week ago, is it possible from riding and changes in my body that my metabolism has sped up that much ? No weight gain...yet.
I remember you. You were the one I thought hardly ate enough to begin with:

Originally Posted by Tatt2Rider
let me give a little background first, I come from a "big" family. As in the unhealthy big . At age 21 I weighed 365lbs in January..I dont know why but in early January of this year ('05) I was eating from a 5lb bag of gummi bears hereby refered to as devil babies and the light clicked in my head. "I am F*&#%^$ killing myself" I stopped eating devil babiesright then and walked into my kitchen and threw everything unhealthy away or brought it to work for the women folks.

Well since then I started riding again that week in fact, and started to modify my lifestyle and eating habits. I weighed this evening and came in at 263.2 lbs. 101.8 lbs of weight loss since January ! I have been to my doctor a few times since this started and he has stated that what I am doing is perfectly healthy and as long as my body lets it happen then let it go.

I gave up all soda and watch my intake of salt, sugars, and white carbohydrates. If there is something I want I will eat it, cookies, ice cream doesnt matter but only 1 cookie or a couple bites of whatever to get the craving gone. And since eating healthy I have very little desire for any of this at all anyways.

Typical day of food for those interested.
Breakfast:
Yogurt and 1 piece of any fruit

Lunch:
Chicken or any type of lean meat
As much veggies as you want.

Dinner (NEVER after 7:30pm):
Chicken or any type of lean meat
As much veggies as you want.
It is great that you've cut out the refined carbs and all, but at the same time, you've got to pick up your carb intake in general. With so few carbs going into your body, you are definitely going to feel tired, sluggish, and hungry. The more active you are, the more carbs you're going to need. I'm not talking about refined carbs and white carbs- I'm talking about whole wheat carbs. Even though you've eliminated the bad foods, you still need carbs, which is part of what you're craving.

Also, you still need fats in your diet. It looks as though you've eliminated all fats, and that's not good. Fat is what allows you to absorb vitamins that are necessary for you (you've heard of the fat soluble vitamins: A, D, E, K?). Saturated fats in high amounts is bad, but you can still eat foods with unsaturated fats, and just limit your fat intake by focusing on low fat foods with a low amount of unsaturated fats: veggies, fruits, wheat breads, brown rice, wheat pasta and whole-grain cereals.

I would suggest you see a registered dietitian. If you have medical insurance, call around and tell the dietitians your situation (your weight loss and your hunger problems and your drastic reduction in calories), and see if any of them will accept your insurance and make it work. If you don't have insurance, just bite the bullet and schedule an appointment with one. Try local fitness clubs- they usually have their own dietitians that tend to run a little cheaper than the norm.

I'd also suggest a multivitamin. You seem to be missing foods that provide you with some essential vitamins.

Good luck with it- my thoughts are to see a R.D. right away so you can figure out what's missing from your diet.

Koffee