Old 04-30-12, 03:46 AM
robo

Bikes: 1990 Burley Bossa Nova, 1992 Paramount PDG-70, 1993 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2005 Jamis Dakar XC Pro, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Multiple bike storage ideas for an apartment?

My gf and I both have two bikes each, and storage is getting to be a problem in our small flat. We need to get at least two bikes off the floor and out of the way. Leaving them outside isn't a great idea due to weather and theft.

I've been tasked with coming up with a storage solution, and have been looking at products for having the bikes flat against a wall, one above the other - the Gear Up Platinum Steel Floor-to-ceiling rack was one I was looking at. It seems like a good plan since it's probably the most space efficient way to store the bikes - the other option of having them perpendicular to the wall makes them obstructions and I've used the pulley/cable/hooks type ceiling mounts and found them to be a pain, both to mount securely and to use on a daily basis. I also like the fact that this one installs 'permanently' yet with no drilling or other damage to the wall or ceiling, since this place is a rental and I don't know how strong the drywall is either.

Does anyone have experience with this type of rack, or other recommendations for efficient storage?

-robo