View Single Post
Old 04-30-12, 09:42 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2927 Post(s)
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,490 Posts
Originally Posted by taggart
I bow to a master.

Additional update. Asked the PO and here's more info:

1. Bike was repainted in the same color.(according to him it's Celeste) Looks Celeste to me too until I was able to compare with the other online pics. Read somewhere Bianchi painted their Celeste in different shades depending on the availability or years? Or maybe the paint shop messed up the shade a bit.

2. RD originally was a Suntour Accushift Edge. From googling around, looks like this came with the entry level bikes.

3. The frame originally had the Infinity Tange Cro-mo sticker.

4. Dia-compe brakes have "Made in Japan" etched behind it.

Definitely made in Japan but still a Premio then?
Everytime you come back with more little tidbits you create new problems and more questions.

The only 80s Premio I see with an Edge RD was the '89, however it would have come with Blaze brakes, a unicrown style fork, Bianchi specific Tange drawn tubes and woud not have been Celeste.

Also the Bianchi pressed into the stay caps certainly identifies this as an '87 or earlier frame.

Where is this bike? the US or elsewhere?

Bianchi does specicy Infinity tubing on the '93 and 94 Premio but the seatstay/seatlug treatment is differen as well as these frames would have a vertical dropouts, unicrown forks and an oversized and ovalized downtube where it meets the BB shell.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk