SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdtompki
Not know where the OP hails from: What happens 4 weeks after purchase when OP and gf change route and tackle some small hills? Single speed seems a bit risky for a beginning cyclist.
Trust me, he won't be running into those kinda hills in Florida.

Originally Posted by Pinhy
I'm in Tampa FL...not too many hills here, but there are some "inclines"...lol. Not sure I would consider a single speed, but I did look at a 14 spd that was missing a front derailleur and would just be a 7-speed, because even us "flatlanders" use 2 or 3 speeds...getting started, headwinds, or just casual riding.

I have the R300 on hold for a couple days, so as not to miss out on it. I just need to know how those of you that know way more about bikes than I do feel about the 2 choices?
I personally, would never buy a used aluminum framed bicycle, if I have an opportunity to buy a completely new bicycle. Living in Florida affords you the unique opportunity to purchase a single speed bike that would serve all of your commuting, recreational, and "fitness" needs. A single speed requires less maintenance and a quality bicycle can be purchased new, at a much lower pricepoint.

* You simply don't need the extra gears when riding in the flats....

Last edited by SlimRider; 04-30-12 at 12:29 PM.