Thread: Frames
View Single Post
Old 04-30-12, 11:24 PM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
This is just silly. They are two entirely different frames and you've never ridden either one.
Have you fit this particular fellow's body ? Maybe the few degrees or millimeters on any of the dimensions and the Surly is more comfortable for him ? People come in all shapes and sizes. I mean we're talking about an inseam, body torso length, even arm length that varies. And tell me 50-150 mile ride that anyone is going to know the difference on 48/15 gearing ? I mean this is a long trip rider for 50-150 miles, it's not a few hundred or even kilo meter race on a velodrome or even on a rural paved street. I know Retrogression sells the EAI's, but what about the Dodeci Gara, Leader X Pedal Consumption or even a Toyo Godzilla at about the same price to + $ 100 more than a Bareknuckle. I guess you don't sell the Surly, so you're SOL on that sale. But I bet he might not be all that disappointed in the All City for about what he puts into a Surly frame ? Go one further, Bianchi super pista frame runs what and/or plus what the EAI's do too, depending upon where you shop ? All else being equal components wise and he can put a heck of a more comfortable seat under his butt and what is that worth ? Is it the difference in the frame pricing ? Most anything that is transportation is a system of the whole rather than just the frame. I know that you are very knowledgable and I respect that to a certain extent, but with all due respect what level rider is this fellow, maybe his legs and back are going to be screaming for mercy on any of them after riding those distances ?