Old 05-01-12, 07:50 AM
Chris Pringle

Bikes: '12 Rodriguez UTB Custom, '83 Miyata 610, '83 Nishiki Century Mixte (Work of Art), '18 Engin hardtail MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
Rodriguez builds a really nice bicycle... we are fans up here.

Funny as I was starting to sort out some details for a new 26 inch wheeled touring build and many of the aspects you included were things I had on my list.

We do all those things like build with S&S couplers and fabricate our own eccentric bottom brackets and as I am leaning toward a long tail design, having it coupled would be an excellent feature to have.

Have no desire to build a touring bike with a belt drive although a frame that would handle an IGH or derailleur drive was another essential point as was a set up to run disc or rim brakes.

We built an SS coupled long tail touring bike for a customer last year and it is a wonderful bike although it did not have an eccentric or dual brake mounts as those were not requested.
Hi Sixty Fiver! I'm very glad to hear my post and subsequent discussions might help current and future tourists determine what they want/need from a touring bike. As I said, I really took my time (almost a year) reading tons of posts on this forum, posing questions, etc. I'm sure there are things I missed, but I feel completely satisfied with the final outcome.

Last edited by Chris Pringle; 05-01-12 at 10:01 AM.