Old 05-01-12, 09:14 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I don't begrudge the racing thing but there is a reason that probably less than 1% that ride roadbikes race in organized events. For most...not all, the downside exceeds the upside...cost...time...threat of injury...a long downside list. What are you racing for other to prove something to yourself? If you are team sponsored and have high ambitions maybe it makes more sense.
So I feel the new balance you strike makes more sense...especially if you have injuries that if left unaddressed may ultimately keep you off the bike all together.
For all of us life is a big balancing act and each of us have to find our individual balance. To me your direction is best but I am a smell the flowers like of guy a bit...but with a racers heart.
PS: I sold my motorcycle last year for the same reason...concern about life altering injury mostly. I miss it and am abivalent about not riding. I love riding a motorcycle fast but all it takes is one pull out and life is changed and no going back. I am healthy and try to protect my health the best I can but I think about getting another one every day. Tradeoffs...some of the stuff we are passionate about is dangerous.

Last edited by Campag4life; 05-01-12 at 09:19 AM.