View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 08:13 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by tiger1964
That has to be better than all the ads I read as a potential buyer that go to greater lengths (almost always in full caps) stating how exasperated they are with scammers/deadbeats/etc and what they won't do or put up with... than they do actually describing the product for sale! This doesn't really encourage me to reach out to a seller -- and possibly enter into a transaction with someone who appears to already have a chip on his shoulder.
I agree. So I keep my scammer verbage short: "Unfortunately, due to all the scammers on C/L, I cannot answer emails asking "is it still available?"

I am turned off by the " scammers die", even the line "serious buyers only". I mean, WTF is that? As if the flaky buyers are going to not respond?

Some other turn off lines: "I know this bike is worth xxx, so low ballers, do not waste my time." Again, as if low ballers are going to obey this "order"?? Its just email, as a seller, use the delete key. Make your buyers pass some test just means fewer buyers.