AlphaDogg
I let the dogs out

Bikes: 2011 Fuji Roubaix 1.0, 2003 Ti Merlin Solis, & 1994 Raleigh MT200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shimagnolo
Up until the past year, 93 had a great paved shoulders except for a one mile section along Rocky Flats, and the section from 128 North to Marshall Rd.

Then they suddenly began ripping out all the shoulders. WTF?
A Boulder local tell me the plan is to repave the shoulders, but I have yet to see it.
I need to ride 93 to get to Lookout Mt occasionaly, but not in it's current state.
Yep, there was gravel and cones where shoulders should've been. I could've died out there (sort of an exaggeration). I got countless close passes. On the first climb on 93, coming from 64th, I was riding with a space of about 3 inches for my tires. I gave up on that one and walked up the rest because the trucks were way too intimidating. On the subsequent climbs, I has at least 2 feet of a shoulder/unused right turn lane, so I was fine. That downhill coming into Boulder sure is glorious. I hit about 40mph and I thought my jersey was going to get ripped off because the wind was so strong.

Ever ridden NCAR? I hit 45mph going down it (on my old hybrid, before I got a roadie) and there is a 25mph school zone at the bottom. There's a radar sign that tells you your speed. I was going so high over the speed limit that it actually said "SLOW DOWN!" I slowed down to the point where it registered 39mph. Also, I forgot my sunglasses that day, so there were tears streaming down the side of my face. Don't ever forget your sunglasses.