View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 04:55 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3371 Post(s)
Liked 5,493 Times in 2,846 Posts
Originally Posted by AlphaDogg
That downhill coming into Boulder sure is glorious. I hit about 40mph and I thought my jersey was going to get ripped off because the wind was so strong.
That is the Northbound leg of the Morgul Bismark and part of my regular ride, so I do it 2-3 times/week. I have occasionally broken 50mph there, but it depends on the wind. In the winter, the crosswind out of the West can be really nasty, and sometimes makes it impossible to keep from getting blown into the ditch.
Ever ridden NCAR? I hit 45mph going down it (on my old hybrid, before I got a roadie) and there is a 25mph school zone at the bottom. There's a radar sign that tells you your speed. I was going so high over the speed limit that it actually said "SLOW DOWN!" I slowed down to the point where it registered 39mph. Also, I forgot my sunglasses that day, so there were tears streaming down the side of my face. Don't ever forget your sunglasses.
I've done NCAR a few times. I've been warned by the locals that the PD sometimes sets up a radar trap and tickets cyclists at the bottom.