View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 11:07 AM
joshpants

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miwoodar
I'm not alone. Lots of people I ride with feel similar. Perhaps the Boulder track would still be open if it were more centrally located on the front range. Just saying.
I'm not convinced. If you look at the fields for ACA (or BRAC or whatever it is now) road and cyclocross events, in my observation only, participation is directly proportional to proximity to Boulder. The farther from Boulder, the smaller the field, in general, with a few exceptions.

I've heard your thought a lot this week, but of the serious core group of users who'd be in there all summer long, I was in the minority not living in Boulder, and they'd act like Golden was a trip across the Ocean. (For the non-Colorado folks, it was 20 minutes from my house).

Originally Posted by mcafiero
I make the commute to the Colorado Springs velodrome from Denver all the time. I have the busiest work schedule that I look forward to the down time. I turn up some music and enjoy the drive and it's a nice, scenic drive, too. Hit me up if you ever want to carpool. Although often I bring my '72 Bronco, 302 V8, bikini top, so you would have to appreciate the noise, wind, and smelling like fumes afterwards.
x2 - did it all last summer.
I'm blessed to have a job / boss who doesn't care if I float out of town a little early on race nights and I look forward to it all week. 90 minutes down, less than that on the way back.

I've done that more times than I can count, but I probably rode Deer Creek once in the past 2 years. It all depends on what you want to do and what is fun for you. DC seems like a huge PITA to me given the location of so many nearer climbs that are the same idea.

When Erie opens, I'll do that too. I'm assuming that will be ~30 minutes by car.