View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 03:43 PM
eugenek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdp8
But then my low goes from a 30x28 to 36x28. Besides, Di2 is limited to 16 tooth difference in front with a max 28 tooth in back according to the Di2 shop manual. More training can probably allow me to use a 34x28, but not the 36. No way I finish Mulholland this year without that 30x28. If the Ultegra Di2 system could handle an 11/28 in back with a 52/32 in front I'd be all over it. If they could just push the FD to 18t, I'd probably make the jump.

90% of my riding is done in hills and mountains, so I'll just stick with what I have until they make a triple compatible Di2 system.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a triple compatible Di2. Chances are equally good that Shimano will go the other way and start dropping triples from their mechanical groups too. They are already paving the way for that, by extending ranges of their RDs to 30T.

At best, we might see electronic versions of their mountain bike drivetrains some time soon, and those may or may not support triples. (And even then, the first groupset will be the electronic XTR, and it will cost way more than Ultegra Di2.)

Have you seen this? http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...ossible_199407

Last edited by eugenek; 05-04-12 at 04:03 PM.