Old 05-06-12, 05:40 AM
Nitatunarabe

Bikes: Surly Moonlander, Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Choosing a bike for a lite touring. 1 - 1.5K EUR.

Hello! First of all, sorry for my English, I'm Russian.

I want to buy a new bike for a lite touring (not very long, not so fast, almost recreational riding for about 60-80 km (37-50 miles)).

My current bike is an old and crappy japanese full-suspended piece of junc, the UGO folding:

I've bought it occasionaly last season for a very little amount of money just to try cycling. I didn't know how cool and exciting is to ride the bicycle can be, so I decided to get the cheapest option available. Now I'm addicted, and I'm on the market to replace the bike :))

I'm totally newbie in cycling, so I don't really know, what bike (and what a kind of a bike) I really need. As I mentioned above, the distances are not very long, but I want to increase the distance at least twice. There are many hills and some dirt on the road. You can see the pictures below:

After some reading on the Internet, I decided to get a touring or cyclocross bike. I want a light-weight bike, I want Quick-Releases on both wheels (I need to trensport the bike by the train to the track). My budget is 1000 - 1.500 EUR.

Here are my options now:
1. Salsa Vaya 3
2. Kona Sutra
3. Bianchi Imola
4. Trek 520
5. Jamis Aurora Elite
6. Surly Long Haul Trucker
7. Kona Jake the Snake
8. Scott CX Comp

Is at least one of them suitable for the road pictured above? Have you any other suggestions?

Update 1 (24-jul-2012): Bike choosed, bought and assembled. Here are the total list of components, the review and the addendum in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
001.jpg (100.9 KB, 76 views)
002.jpg (100.2 KB, 57 views)
003.jpg (97.9 KB, 60 views)
004.jpg (97.4 KB, 58 views)
005.jpg (102.8 KB, 55 views)
006.jpg (99.3 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Nitatunarabe; 07-23-12 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added links to reviews for those who came here from the search engines.