View Single Post
Old 05-06-12, 07:45 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedaleur
You seem more pleased that some 'lane hogs' got their come-uppance than appalled that some politician would use this as 'evidence' against cyclists...and get away with it.
no, i think mandatory bikelane laws are counterproductive to cyclists acceptance on the roads.
what is truly unfortunate is that club riding behavior is what spurred all florida cyclists to be proscribed to a mandatory bikelane rule. Some club and group riding behavior surpasses the insouciance of critical mass rides. a critical mess of spandex CAT 6.

I've lived in florida, and care about riding conditions there. I'd love to see more seniors on trikes getting to and fro in Florida, more kids on bikes riding to school, more people riding for transport and fun on florida roadways.

A mandatory bike lane law is unfortunately misinterpreted by citizens of florida negatively towards bicyclists. the new, minor changes to the law won't change public perception of cyclists avoiding bikelanes.

the current legal situation for bicyclists was a tragic backfire on the part of club riders exercising what they thought were their 'road rights' as specialx characterized it

Originally Posted by specialx
...and since the law allows them to ride (in their minds) AFRAP on the roadway (either single file or doubled up) then they're gonna "show those people in their cars" that they have the "power".

Last edited by Bekologist; 05-06-12 at 07:52 AM.