Old 05-08-12, 11:58 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gtragitt
Often times homeowner's insurance is inadequate for covering the loss of a bicycle due to deductibles being set at 1% of a home's value. As posted in another thread some means of theft deterrent should be utilized when a bicycle is unattended, but there is no totally secure method of preventing theft.

Other posts have mentioned bicycles being destroyed by vehicular collisions.

I am hopeful that an alternate form of insurance exists for replacing a lost or damaged bicycle. I have not found a suitable alternative and hope that somebody else has discovered an good alternative.
I've successfully insured my bikes and my computers as a "rider" to my home policy declared as "all hazard" coverage. My bikes (3) & our computers cost about $120 a year to cover.

I've lost two computers to lighting in the past 5 years with the insurance company paying for a new replacement 100%. This is what would happen if I had a claim for a bicycle also.

So talk to your insurance agent and be mindful of the terms I used above to get the right coverage (it's insurance speak).

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?