View Single Post
Old 05-09-12, 01:04 PM
Booger1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Alcohol Stove Turbocharger

I've been fooling around with alcohol stoves(when I should be finishing my tent....sorry folks) Anyways,I ran across a guy that put a tea candle underneath his LOW PRESSURE!!!! alcohol stove......WOW!!! It cut the boiling times for my stove from 10-12 minutes for 2 cups of water down to less than 5 minutes!

My stove is a low pressure stove,it looks like swiss cheese.

I don't think this is a wise idea on a high pressure type stove,at least not standing anywhere near it

So if you feel like fooling around some,give it a whirl.I won't be using the idea myself,but if your in a big hurry to boil water.......

Again,I WOULD NOT EVEN ATTEMPT THIS WITH A HIGH PRESSURE TYPE STOVE!!!!! I'm pretty sure bad things will happen.I don't think it will let the extra gasses out fast enough,so that means you are making a bomb pretty much.

DO NOT TRY THIS ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOME OR GARAGE OR NEAR STUFF THAT WILL CATCH ON FIRE!!!!! My little stove put out some SERIOUS FLAMES!!!!! You might be able to forge a knife on it......

I tried to take some pictures of it but I'm not good enough with a camera to take them,sorry.I could probably make a camera,but I'm not so good at using one.

Last edited by Booger1; 05-09-12 at 01:29 PM.