View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 10:50 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mos6502
I'm sorry at what point did I indicate that killing people was "acceptable"? Ok, send the guy to prison for ten years. What use is that? What do we get out of it? Oh wow he'll feel really sorry! Yeah awesome, oh and society has to pay for him to feel sorry? GRAND. What a brilliant, and useful form of justice. Not to mention exceptionally practical since prisons are overcrowded. Maybe we can let out some murderers and ******* to make sure there's room for this guy to stay there that long.

What is wrong with thinking that maybe he ought to be required to do something FOR society? Prison isn't the end all, be all solution for every crime.
Again, I ask you at what point do you think a more lengthy stay in the "pen" is warranted?

And there is a simple solution to the cost of incarceration. Require ALL inmates to work in a prison run industry. Be it doing the prison (and other business) laundry, making license plates, making furniture. Require all prisons to grow their own food and require the inmates to work the prison farm.

That serves two purposes, it defrays the cost of their stay in the "pen," AND it gives them a usable skill for when they are released. Isn't that a win-win situation?