Old 05-11-12, 06:54 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
New editors will sometimes have that effect. That is not to say that the previous editors were not skilled. Rather, a switch in editors is often a switch or an adjustment in direction that the publication recognizes is needed. I too have a subscription, which is renewed each year as a birthday gift from my mother-in-law. So, there are not demeaning mother-in-law jokes told in my home!
The last change in editorship happened right after the editors of the time allowed a couple of articles that praised recumbents. One editor even went so far as to write, "Make mine supine!" That policy of covering 'bents just like any other bikes convinced me to get a multi-year subscription. But the advertisers couldn't let that go and the entire staff was fired shortly thereafter. That appeased the advertisers, but it destroyed their subscription numbers, which for all I know NEVER recovered. And it left me pretty angry since it left me with a multi-year subscription to a mag that was now openly hostile to my style of bicycle. I promised myself to never buy another issue.