Old 05-11-12, 05:23 PM
wiiiim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leaving tomorrow, butterflies in stomach!

Hello fellow bike lovers!

It's been a long time coming, but finally.. after quitting my job, building my 'dream' touring bike, enjoying some smaller pre tours in Belgium, postponing departure dates several times and after what a think was breaking some sort of 'mental' barrier I feel like I'm finally ready to leave this comfortable house tomorrow and hit the road. I never thought it would be this hard!

The idea is to ride solo from Brussels (Belgium) to New Zealand via Central/South America.
First South through France, Spain and Morocco, then fly to Mexico and head south through Central and South America. Flying in from Santiago de Chile, I hope to reach my goal: New Zealand.
I'll mostly take it slow, try to meet nice people, learn a little Spanish, do a few projects, enjoy nature, take in the beatiful landscapes, and hopefully come back with a few good stories to tell ;-)

If anyone's interested, I've also set up a little blog at http://smallworldbigsmile.com which I will be updating regularly with short impressions and photos. It already hosts some of my pictures from an earlier tour through South America (Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina). If ever anyone is touring in the neighborhoud on similar dates, contact me! It's always good to share