Old 05-11-12, 09:48 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
I got my large 8 year old 70 lbs on a small 26 inch Dawes Haymaker 1000 for 300 bucks. It has surprisingly reasonable components for the price, is easy to ride and he had no problem with the derailleur shifting. You may be able to find one used in your target price. Bikesdirect.com sells them. I put smaller street tires on it to make it a great townie bike, which also lowered it a bit too. Not what you were looking for, but propaply a great solution for her. http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/hay1000xi.htm.

X small size

It has a rock solid Shimano 7 speed rear and triple front.. He is now twelve and tours with us on the same bike. He wiki be approaching a thousand miles on it and it has had zero maintenance since it came out of the box four years ago.