Old 05-12-12, 01:41 PM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Cyclist behind the wheel can be a$$holes, too.

I was riding at the usual MUP today and pulled into the north parking lot on my last lap of my ride. The parking lot is seven miles from the end of my ride. It's also a one-way circle. The MUP was quite crowded with cyclist getting in their last training ride before a 70.3 triathlon being held tomorrow.

As I was coming around a curve by the exit, I came to the barricade that keeps cars from going out the wrong way and there he was, trying to exit in the entrance lane. Choices: 1) dump the bike or 2) get hit by the car. I was able to get one foot unclipped, but not quick enough to dismount, so I took option number 1. After going down, I tried to sit up but my shoulder was in too much pain. Several people came running over to see how I was and the guy in the car, with his Quintana Roo TT bike on the back, looks at me lying on the ground, doesn't say squat, didn't even stop and continues going out the park in the wrong lane.

My wife was also riding at the MUP this morning, but not with me. After someone lifted my bike off me and some others helped me up, I called her to come and get me and take me to the ER. Luckily, she just got finished with her ride and was at the truck when I called. Three hours later and a dislocated shoulder, I finally made it home. And of course, it's my right shoulder and I'm right handed. Eating is going to be fun since my arm is in a sling and hurts like hell with any movement.

There is no damage to the Colnago except some scratched bar tape and barend plug. So, thanks to an ******* cyclist, whose also an ******* behind the wheel of a car, I'm off the bike for an undetermined amount of time. Who says cyclist are curtious to other cyclist?

End of rant.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress

Last edited by John_V; 05-12-12 at 01:49 PM.