Old 05-13-12, 01:21 PM
ubringliten

Bikes: 2010 Wabi Lightning, 2014 Brompton S2L-X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kookaburra1701
That must be why another chick and I are kicking everyone's keisters in the commute mileage challenge for bike month at work. She has a 25 mi round trip, and we're the only ones who commute with actual road bikes. Everyone else is on old roadsters, hybrids, or MTBs.

I'm just givin' ya a hard time. I get what you're saying. Unfortunately since most of childcare and household chores still falls on women, with the additional burden of being expected to maintain a much more time and maintenance intensive appearance for most jobs than their male counterparts, it's going to take more of a cultural shift than adding some bike paths to make cycling appear to be a viable option to more women.
Hahaha...yeah. I didn't so well as compared to the other folks on road bikes but I did enjoy the ride and that was the purpose of BTWD.

Did you know that there are more female riders in Copenhagen and Amsterdam than male counterparts? When I was in Copenhagen, the females were dressed really well with makeups and heels and still riding bikes. I think seeing a women on a bike makes them even more sexy. I think a bike's form goes better with a female body than a male one. I think the women in America care way too much of how they look, like you said. I prefer women with less maintenance and into some sort of sports. And I always thought that's what men are attracted to. Can you men chime in?