View Single Post
Old 07-31-05, 02:12 PM
sichang

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I disagree that the differences between the entry level bikes are insignificant. I am new to the game and was interested in a hybrid myself. At first I didn't really want to spend more than $500 and looked at the Specialized Crossroads, Trek 7xxx and Giant Cypress lines. I first rode the Trek 7100 and 7200 and was surprised at how sluggish the bike felt and the shifting felt off. I followed that up with a ride on the Cypress DX and thought the bike was VASTLY superior. The frame felt much lighter, the components shifted a lot better and the bike just felt overall better to ride. I also rode the Specialized Crossroads and actually preferred the overall handling of the Giant Cypress not to mention that my lbs had the Cypress and was willing to offer at a substantial discount with lifetime adjustments.

After a couple rides and some back and forth with the FCR series - I ultimately decided to swap my bike for an FCR 3 but as far as hybrids go, I am a big fan of the Cypress. My gf purchased a Cypress DX as well and loves it.