View Single Post
Old 05-14-12, 07:32 PM
canam73

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
I've been riding a set of A23s with 24/28h for a year. They have held up well with the only truing required after a crash. Mine had a slight pulse from the seam for about the first 200 miles but it has smoothed out and is gone. I use them with 23mm GP4000s tires at 90/100 psi and I've weight 175-185 while I've had them. Zero pinch flats and I live in the frost heave zone and roads can be lousy. That is the same pressure I have been running 25mm tires on standard (19-20mm) rims. I don't know about the more aero or reduced RR claims, but I do find them to have better handling on rough surfaces especially in the corners. I have also gotten my best mileage from a GP4000s on the rear, but my test case so far is 1 tire so maybe I just got lucky.

I recently built up a second set of similar wheels using the bikehubstore wide rim: http://www.bikehubstore.com/category-s/162.htm but I haven't had a chance to ride them yet. In comparison my A23s averaged 445g while the BHS were 475g. The BHS has one of the tallest brake tracks I have seen on a road rim, but the A23's is not short so I don't know if that is a concern. The BHS rims do seem to have very well mated seams, and I actually have 2 pairs of them to look at. I'm guessing it's made by Kinlin but I don't know that. It also seems to be what is used in the Boyd Vitesse.