View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 09:59 PM
hawiken

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooleric1234
I'm 34 and I don't believe it's osteoarthritis. Unless I'm mistaken that IS one thing that should show up on x-rays and it didn't.

Thanks for the idea about the insoles and shoes. So far I've tried the green superfeet and the black superfeet. I also tried some lateral wedge insoles as I've read that can help IT band pain (which I'm thinking less and less that that's the cause). As far as shoes I've tried a few but mostly just two brands, two different Shimano shoes and a few of the cheapo Sette brand shoes.

Anyway, I appreciate the comments. I'm not trying to be difficult, it's just that I've already tried a lot. I'm thinking more and more it's not IT band pain. One big hint is I get back knee pain when I extend all the way on the bike under load.
My 65 year old knees started to give me grief not too long ago- pain under the patela- and a fellow cyclist recommended BCQ:

http://www.amazon.com/Vital-Nutrient...7138162&sr=8-1.

I'm not a huge supplements fan, but damned if this stuff didn't work. May have messed up my stomach for a couple of days, though (not sure if it was the BCQ or something else). I'm taking 2 caps, 2x a day, between meals.

And I'm not affiliated in any way with either Vital Nutrients or Amazon.