Old 05-17-12, 01:23 PM
volosong

Bikes: n + 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bud16415
I like these I have both the bar end type and the STI type and both work very well.

I have mine set to just look at that place for a car coming up on me when riding straight. I can move my head a little right to left if needed. But to see other traffic I still look around over my shoulder. At night this type mirror shows the lights coming up really nice giving me time to move over on the shoulder.

http://www.mirrycle.com/mirrycle_mirrors.php
I've used the mountain bike Mirrycle for years on my drop bar road bike. Have been pretty satisfied with it, but since it jiggles a lot, I've tried several other types lately. The eyeglass mounted mirror I tried was awful. Never could figure out how to adjust it so all I had to do is look at it. I guess my biggest issue is that I had to drastically change my focal point from distant down the road to looking at something just a couple inches from my eyeball. I recently purchased Sprintech bar end mirrors and am quite happy with them. I only wish they were not convex, but they don't vibrate, are easy to install and adjust, and don't look half bad. Kind of expensive, but I like them well enough that I'm getting a second pair for my other bike.

Amazon link to the Sprintech Drop Bar Mirror.