Old 05-17-12, 07:05 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
This is how I mount my bike every time, although I do have one foot, just not the other. I pretty much have to leave my left (prosthetic) foot clipped in for short stops, and I would imagine that if the test required me to clip in @ 11 and take off quickly I would have problem with it as well. Typically I will clip in at around 4: and then pull the pedal back up to 11 and take off while lifting/clipping in with the foot (right) I can feel.

The way that I learned to stand and pedal..and mind you I still cannot climb regularly while standing...was to put the pros. foot in back and flesh in front and teach myself to come over the top. After you get that, the hard part is learning how to come through the bottom of the stroke, or at least for me. In my case it sort of involves using the handlebars as a reference and stabilizing tool with my arms and just a whole lot of faith that the pros. will not unclip somehow. It is a bit scary, you have to do it enough to de-sensitise yourself to the worry about it.