Old 11-21-02, 02:59 PM
KrisA

Bikes: 2002 Rocky HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello! (New Member)

Hi all! I just discovered this forum, joined, now thought I would introduce myself.

I've been riding my bike to work for the past 7 months, initially save the km's on my car (more on that latter) and some cash, but now I am totally hooked! One of my favorite parts of my day is now getting too and from work. I love the feeling of freedom that comes from biking, I love the air, smells, sky above, etc, I reallllly love the looks on motorists faces as they see me riding beside them through the rain, snow, wind, etc.

I'm currently contemplating going carless, problem being I freeking love my car. It's not a "ordinary" car, rather a kick arse sports machine, a 93 Toyota MR2 Turbo. I want to keep it but the expense of owning a car that you don't drive very often is kinda annoying. Sports cars are a fun, but expensive hobby. I love autox racing and it is something I don't want to give up. So I'm going to be thinking about what to do this winter (ya can't sell a sports car in the middle of winter in Canada!), keep the car and ride my crappy old mtn bike daily for another year, sell the car bank some $ and buy a nice new Rocky Moutain Fusion.

If any of you are from, or are familiar with, Saskatchewan, you'll know I have a tough winter ahead of me. I've got some decent clothing (although I need something good for my feet, any recomendations?) and a set of studded tires that work like magic on packed snow and ice. I'm looking forward to the challenge, and I'm looking forward to the looks on my coworkers faces when they come in on that first snowy -30C morning to see me and my bike already at my desk!

Cheers all! Enjoy the trip!