Old 05-20-12, 02:03 PM
GratedWasabi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacing Front Derailleur

Hello all.

So, I recently bought a Univega Modo bike and found out the front derailleur is broken! I need to have it replaced! The shop nearest me quoted me $115 (at least) to replace it which sounded rather ridiculous. They also refused to let me get the part myself. So I said no thanks and took my bike back. A shop a friend recommended, however, is very willing to install the part if I find one that works.

I'd like to try and find a used or deal on a good front derailleur to put on there. Now, my trouble is this; the bike has campy parts. It's 27 speed and currently the front derailleur is Campy Mirage, which I hear they don't make anymore. The front derailleur is also installed via a welded on height adjustment bar on the frame (I'm not sure the technical term for the part; ie the front derailleur isn't attached via a clamp but rather screwed/tightened onto the welded on piece.)

How do I determine what part would fit? I don't particularly mind putting a good Shimano front derailleur on if that works with a campy back derailleur; whatever the best quality for under about $50 (for the part) I can find.

I'm just entirely clueless what measurement or terminology I'm looking for.

Thank you for any help!

*edit* Would this http://www.probikekit.com/us/campagn...oogle_base_usd work with a Mirage 9-speed back derailleur?

Last edited by GratedWasabi; 05-20-12 at 02:06 PM.