Old 05-23-12, 05:18 AM
smasha
Vegan on a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 22 Posts
@mech - thanks for the new pictures!

now that's on steady/high, 1.2W, 60 lumens total output? i wonder how that compares to high/flash, 4W, 200 lumens total output.

i wonder if something like increasing the shutter time by 3.33x (to 10.66 seconds) would give an accurate representation of what the brightness would look like on high/flash....? (assuming that the power, or at least lumen ratings, are accurate - i'm not sure if that math is that simple) TBH, it looks pretty weak there.

i want to like it... i want to like it enough to spend some money on it... but... i dunno... the 300r is only twice the price but i ride mostly sub/urban areas. i don't remember the last time i rode out of the city on a high-speed rural road or highway. intellectually, i'm thinking that high-speed rural or highway riding would justify the 300r (and it probably wouldn't hurt to pair it with a hotshot or similar), but the RZ4 (paired with a hotshot or shield/TL-60) should be more than enough for sub/urban riding... i'm also thinking the 300r really is too much for sub/urban riding (at night; but maybe it's just right for the day).

if only i could walk into a local shop and check them out, side by side