Old 05-24-12, 10:31 AM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Sachelis
Thanks LeeG.

I've heard from quite a few people saying that Supreme 2.0's felt a little slow. I think I’ve settled for tires in the 1.5-1.75 range. And although my OP said I wanted to discuss widths and not tires, the discussions about tires has been helpful, too (not that there aren't plenty of "what tire should I buy" threads to read). I'm a roadie at heart and don't need the look of beefy tires. In fact, I prefer 700 wheels but I'm seriously considering building a 26" after getting two flats in one day in rural Colorado and being unable to buy 700 tubes. (Oops! I may have just hijacked my own thread!)
I've got a 26" 56cm LHT, I like how it handles but the LHT aren't roadie bikes, they're roadie trucks. Between the 700c and 26" version the 26" is more nimble and road like. Tire type is as important as tire size when it comes to flats and handling on different surfaces. I think what makes the Supremes kind of funny is the puncture strip in the casing, it makes for a solid feeling wheel and takes out some of the road feel. I'm running 35mm Supremes on a Cross-Check. On the LHT I've got two sets of rear wheels, 32 spoke Mavic 719 and a 36 spoke Rhynolite. 1.5" Marathon Racers and T-Servs are very fast tires but won't hold up for long on the rear. Racers aren't very puncture resistant.