View Single Post
Old 05-28-12, 12:16 AM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thank you SpasticSprocket! And BianchiGirll, I am living in Jefferson County, Pa. You were very close. And yea, i do have mail order at my Outfitters also. If you want something for your Hetchins, just ask. That is indeed a late 90s Cyclocross frameset. One of the last cro-mo lugged, Italian made framesets. I love it. I actually picked it up as a complete cross bike at the Trexlertown Velodrome years ago for $300. It was a steal!! It set up perfectly for a tourer/rando type as pictured. I will get some more pics, close ups soon. It is set up,
58 cm Bianchi Deda tubes, the one with the S curved stays.
The stem....Allsop Softride Flexstem, aheadset type but i use a quill adapter. only had the gold color...i wish there were a more subtle color.
Nitto Rando bars
Diacompe brake levers,
LX cantis
VeloOrange crankset, triple 48-36-28 crankset
VeloOrange bottom bracket - threadless type.
Those lovely leather bit waterbottle cage...
Naubaum cloth tape, with an Aztec shock system under the tape.
Shim bar end shifters, 8 speed.
XT rear...can't remember what kind of front.
LX rear hub, CODA front sealed hub. Maxxis tires....

I have to get some photos...So far, It rides very pleasantly and i have been riding it fully loaded to get the experience and to give it a full try out. Work out the bugs, etc. I must have done a fine job as i haven't had much tweaking to do so far. But i want to make sure i get it all worked out.