View Single Post
Old 05-29-12, 05:05 AM
nuttygrandma

Bikes: Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uh-oh, I think I think in different terms. When I think safety, I don't think of other cyclist, kids or horses but think in terms of assault that causes bodily harm, including death. Dang, I had to give up my evening walking 2 years ago and walk on an indoor treadmill 2 years ago. Things have gotten worse in this city, since then. I'm just a country gal from the midwest who lived in such a safe region that we never locked doors. But I decided to return to civilization and moved back east and to the south. I just picked what is now probably the wrong city. At least I'm not totally snowbound in the winters.

Hydration has been my secret to alot of things in life and I have been a bad girl for the past week. That was my major mistake yesterday morning when we were up in the Dismal Swamp Canel. I hadn't loaded up with my usual morning water and didn't take any with us. I wasn't too worried about horses or walker since we were there early in the morning. Yes, there were other bikes on the trail but it was pretty quiet. I wasn't even worried about bears and there were signs on the path warning about bear crossing (that's a new one for me). The shedded snake skin did make me shutter but at least I was warned that there are dreaded repitiles in the area.

When I got home and added a few accessories to my bike, I headed out and explored my neighborhood for a little while. At least I was walking those streets back in January so I couldn't get lost and I did have my cell with me that does have GPS. However, I once again took off in heat & humidity without water. OK, today is another day. I have to work so I'll have an opportunity to get my hydration back up. My mantra tonight will be, don't forget the water bottle.