Old 05-29-12, 09:52 PM
Rwc5830

Bikes: Fuji, Specialized, Surly, BMC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What's the Deal with the Pies :-) Another new BF member - Intro

Hello everyone, I just joined the forums recently and have enjoyed some of the posts....especially the 50+ group.

So first a little info about me. This weekend I finished my first year of road cycling, had not really ridden bicycles since I was in college. I've become quite fond of cycling.

During the last year I've put around 6,500 miles on the bike and did my first 200k or 126 mile ride (brevet) on May 12th. I'm currently training for a 2day 250 mile ride at the end of June. My co-workers and "non" cycling friends think I'm crazy, yeah maybe a little.

Where I ride it is almost always hot, windy and high humidity (90%) is very common. We don't have hills, just large bridges and causeways. The 250 mile ride does have some rolling hills and temps will most likely be in excess of 100 during the afternoon. Yeah maybe I am crazy after all

Anyway back to the pies.... I'm assuming that is some type of reward for all those long and/or maybe short rides? If so, where I live it would be Ice Cream (after the ride), Pan Dulce or a nice Raspa along the way!

Maybe one of these days I'll go somewhere and do a ride where there are actually hills and the temps, winds and humidity are not so overwhelming....just don't expect me to ride in temps under 40 degrees :-)

Anyway, keep up the posts and remember if I can ride the bike for all those miles so can others in the 50+ group. My goal is to catch my best friend, he's 74 and rides 8,000 to 10,000 miles a year.

Best regards and happy cycling,
Richard