View Single Post
Old 05-30-12, 02:45 AM
wsbob

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jverweijen
Thank you all for so far, keep the replies coming. Everyone of them was very helpful. I had some questions and remarks on some of the replies. Everyone is free to participate in the discussion

@Grivooga:
This is actually really helpful. I already thought of this in a way, but now I have some back up on this problem. Do you think a sort of dynamic system with sensors that determine if you are in a well lit area or not could be an idea?
@wsbob:
This is a good idea. But don't you think, after seeing the video, that he is still not very visible. Only his head is noticeable, I could imagine that it is a bit confusing for the other traffic.
@Scrabbler:
Thanks, I know, but now I can keep the conversation going a bit and reply on good input.

Originally Posted by jverweijen
@wsbob:
This is a good idea. But don't you think, after seeing the video, that he is still not very visible. Only his head is noticeable, I could imagine that it is a bit confusing for the other traffic.
jverweijen...good point...it's important to evaluate how visible the lights on the helmet allow the wearer to be to other road users. Can't easily view the video...dial-up. The specs say the lights have 50 lumens, but that illumination level is spread over a substantially wider display area than a typical bike headlight or tail light today tends to have...so it logically figures that the helmet's lights will be less bright than some of the popular tail lights with 50 lumens. Side by side comparison would be an easy way to get a sense of the helmet lighting's relative brightness.