Old 05-31-12, 09:53 AM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuteCommando
I can bring my bike inside and put it anywhere that is out of the way. From the posts I have seen here, that is more the rule. It sounds like your employer is one of the old-school authoritarian types. Making people bend to some set of rules is more important than making concessions, even when those concessions have a zero impact on the company bottom line, and a positive impact on employee satisfaction. I doubt If I would last long at a company such as that.
So you've read posts on BF where people can bring their bikes inside, and therefore it is the norm? I have worked in numerous offices over the years in the DC area, and not one of them would allow you to bring a bike inside. Nor would it be appropriate in an office setting to wheel in a bike or store a bike. There are usually bike storage areas provided. It has nothing to do "old school authoritarian types," whatever that means, but what is considered appropriate in an office setting, which does not include bringing in large, dirty personal belongings.

Last edited by alan s; 05-31-12 at 09:57 AM.