Old 06-01-12, 12:21 AM
BikinPotter

Bikes: Marin MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
I recently ordered a Marin XM6 full suspension all-mountain rig because I have midlife crisis dreams of hucking it over 6' drops and 10' gaps on the badass trails at Duthie Hill Park
THAT'S WHERE I WAS!!! Boy, am I tired! It was a wonderful experience. Scared the crap out of me. There's something about the rocks and the mud and the roots that just freaks me out. It's like a paranoia, almost. (The secret is to LET GO.) The instructors were super. After we did a bunch of stuff we rode some single track with switch backs and steep (to me) turns and I was the slowest one, but I didn't care because I was having fun and screamed "I HATE THIS!!!" every time I got scared. I also swore like a sailor. I'm terrified of heights & speed when I don't feel in control. I hated roller coasters when I was a kid. Now I love them. So, I think mountain biking will be the same way, for me. I'll hate it until my skills improve and then I'll love it. I'm already dying to go try those trails again. Thanks for all the encouragement! You guys rule!