View Single Post
Old 06-03-12, 06:10 PM
eragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cannondalet800 2005

Recently I had my bike rebuilt from the cycle shop that deals with cannondale.
What I had them do was a new inner chain ring, new cassette, new chain, new shifters and cables, tires and a complete tuneup.

I had to ajust the barrel ajuster behind the deraileur because my chain skip a few gears within the center portion of the cassette.
After one anti clockwise quarter turn the problem was solved. I also had a new bottom bracket installed.

Now I seem to have a crank noise after every rotation of the crank, I notice the noise when my rpms are medium to slow.
There is still a continuous rotation with each rotation, with no interuption within the complete turn of the crank, but i am afraid that if this is not corrected it will lead to other problems. It is strange for when I had my original chain rings and bottom bracket i eventually came up with the similar problem i am having now. The shop said I had a worn inner chain ring which they repaced.
The bike was smooth for awhile but after approximately 200 km I am started to hear this crank noise>
All I can really think the problem is probably the bottom bracket again. I believe I may give up and buy a LHT Surly, T800 has a excellent frame but once the original components are replaced they are never the same.

Eragon