View Single Post
Old 06-06-12, 11:15 AM
CraigB
Starting over

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Indy Tour de Cure this weekend

The Indianapolis edition of this year's TdC is coming up this Saturday and I have to say I'm a little nervous. I rode it last year, and made a metric century out of my laps at the track, and it went well, though I was ready to quit about 3 laps before I finally pulled off. But that was just me, riding on my own, at my own pace, for about 2/3 of the time, and the rest of the time in a couple of modest (18-19 mph) pacelines. This year, though, I've joined the local shop club/team and they make each TdC into an all-out assault on a sub-4 hour imperial century. There is talk of a B/C subgroup forming within the team, which I find reassuring, but I don't know how large it will be, and whether I'm good for a full century even at their slower pace, which will probably be in the 19-20 mph range. The big question for me is how long they want to hold the whole group together for sponsor exposure before splitting in two. I suspect that 3 or 4 2.5-mile laps spent at 25 mph will pretty much cook my legs for the rest of the endeavor.

Oh well - I'll do the best I can. That's all I can do. Wish me luck. At least the weather looks great, if warm by the end of the event (forecast high is currently pegged at 87).