Old 06-09-12, 06:20 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Durockrolly
I just checked 10 random rides in the 50+ club section of strava. Not one was over 16.6 average mph and a couple were below 12.
That is a true test. And for this forum it is all Dudelsack's fault. However what are the segment speeds? What are the KOM speeds? And do we have the garmin speeds of the MTB riders dropping cat3 rodies available, another internet urban legend like touring bikes with paniers passing a pace line, even dropping the local weekend club riders? My last century turned in a 16 mph average. Our A group, not my group by the way, turned in a five hour century. I did a windy 40 with some climbing and was lucky to get 13.5 or 14. So yes some do inflate their average I guess. We had a guy that used to ride with us that never set his computer till we were in a pace line and out of town where we would have at least a ten mile run with no stop lights. His averages are always close to 19 or 20. So sites like Strava can answer a lot of the questions some have. And we can continue to look for the fast MTB and Touring bike rider that hunts down and passes evey highend road bike they see, plus search them for any Snipe thay may have captured while training for the bandini Olympics.