View Single Post
Old 06-12-12, 06:06 AM
Spiff_P239

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KT043
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am new to all this. When you say you are changing to a bigger tire, you are still using the stock wheels that came the 7.6? I want to get the best components I can get (7.7, 7.9 are beautiful but out of my range) but I would rather the comfort and better flat protection of something wider than the 25 that comes standard. The change of a tire is a relatively small cost upgrade, they really said the 38 would fit on those stock rims? Please post a pic when you get it, you don't see enough of them on here
Here is the e-mail that I sent directly to Trek regarding larger tires:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 3:09 AM
To: Consumer, Trek Bontrager
Subject: Technical questions, specifications, geometry & sizing - 2011 Trek 7.5 FX Tire Size

The following question/comment was submitted from your knowledgebase
-----------------------------------------------------

From: Michael <***@***.com> Can a 2011 Trek 7.5 FX accept a Bontrager H2 700x35c tire? I'm looking to soften the ride a little and would like to put a slightly larger tire on it.

And here is the response they sent me:
From: "Consumer, Trek Bontrager" <TrekBontrager_Consumer@trekbikes.com>
Date: June 11, 2012 12:21:45 PM EDT
To: "***@***.com" <***@***.com>
Subject: RE: Technical questions, specifications, geometry & sizing - 2011 Trek 7.5 FX Tire Size

Hello Michael,

Thank you for writing in. You can use a 38c tire but if you want to go a little bigger like a 42c I would test fit first.

Thank you,
Jake Higdon | Trek Bicycle Corporation | Technical & Customer Service Representative | 801 W. Madison St. Waterloo , WI. 53594 | jake_higdon@trekbikes.com