View Single Post
Old 06-12-12, 11:01 AM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 2,510 Times in 1,049 Posts
Nothing epic lately - I think what passed for my "epic" days are behind me - but I've had a few nice rides. Several weks ago. MarkoPolo and I did the Sonoma Whagtever-It-Was-Called ride out of Petaluma. We did the 70 mile version that features Chileno Valley and the Marshall Road, which is about as close to "epic" as I ever get these days. Absolutely gorgeous. It was run by the Petaluma area Rotary Clubs and they put on a great ride and a nice bash afterwards at the Lagunitas brewery.

This past weekend, varried fun. Friday was a quick solo run up Spruce and back down Euclid to test out the repainted, rebuilt Ron Cooper. Saturday, the Canyon Classic (run by the Modesto area Rotary Clubs) out of Patterson up Del Puerto Canyon to San Antone Junction and back with bigbossman and MarkoPolo. W-I-N-D-Y as all get-out. On Sunday I rode from Cow Hollow through the tail-end flotsam and jetsam of the Escape From Alcatraz triathlon across the GG Bridge, up Conzelman to the top of Hawk Hill, back down Conzelman to the north end of the bridge, down the back way into Fort Baker, back up to the GG, and then back to Cow Hollow. Except for the wind on Saturday, three straight rides of "God, I love living here!" fun.