Old 06-12-12, 01:57 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by zigmeister
You would think that right? But no, they even announced at the start..."I think we have about 83 riders today". Mmmkaaaay. That is what I said. It was a pretty flat course, only two little bumps, so the final turn onto the straight it was like 80 people in two lanes. I was mid pack and didn't plan well...so I said, I'm sitting this one out..no thanks. Still scratching my head about that one. The problem with this Sat/Sun, combined 4/5, it is likely going to be a big field again.

Just checked the Reg, already 25 people paid for the Sat race. That usually means at least 50% still haven't regged that normally do during the week, or just show up and reg/pay. I sense more crazines...but really hope it is under 50-60 range.

But, won't matter anyway, I can't climb a 50ft hill that goes 5%, so I'm surely off the back by mile 10 anyway, then it will be a nice tempo ride the rest of the day.
Is there really a difference between 75, 80, and 83 riders?

Anyway, in a 4/5's crit usually only half the field (or less) is able to finish with the pack, so just stay up front until it thins out to avoid the carnage.

my race videos