View Single Post
Old 06-14-12, 01:12 PM
ianstew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
+1 on being concerned about the wheels. If you're over, say, 180 pounds, I'd be concerned about popping spokes. When I wore out the wheels on my old hybrid, I got a replacement set at the LBS for $120 and so far it has lasted pretty well, so if it turns out the wheels are absolute junk, you might have to consider that.
Schwinn says weight capacity is 300lbs. I'm 200 plus, but not anywhere close to 300.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Bike shops occasionally take trade-ins, and do consignment resales of decent bikes.
Mine does not, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by RaleighSport
Oh.. my friend has that and he weighs over 200+ it's a good bike for what it is... the major thing he and I both don't like is the 1 piece shifter/lever combo his has altus derailers though, the SR crankset looks even cheaper in person fyi.. but he actually finds he enjoys riding on the road, so you may have a decent bike on your hands...
Most of the bikes in my price range have grip shifters. This one has the rapid fire shimano's like my MTB does. I love them, and it's what I'm used to.

Originally Posted by SlimRider
When it comes to Schwinn, I say, buy the Signature Schwinn...
My first choice of bike is the Giant Defy 5, but since it is not in my budget, I'm looking at this schwinn

Originally Posted by wle
how do you know it is your size?
usually they are just one size
wle
Did the old aisle ride at target. chart says it should fit, and it feels right. better than my MTB which is a little small frame wise.