Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Trekke
Need more rest if you are going to ramp up this much. Also preperation is not just base miles. If you do not have a very solid nutrition plan to support this training you will not be able to complete the training but will fail in your overall goal. I cannot stress the importance of nutrition plans and the willingness to stick to it with deviations being none or very small. When you ride 50 miles that does one thing to your body. !00 miles your body really takes on a different character. You will need to practice and work on a solid "on bike" plan also. Everyone is different and no one can tell you for sure - you have to figure some of this out on your own. So your plan needs work.
Totally agree with you, fortunately I have very good eating habits as it is. I can't stand junk like coke or mcdonalds. I only ever drink water, milk, or freshly squeezed OJ. The bulk of my calories comes from complex carbs like muesly, oats, rice, pasta, etc. Lots of steamed veggies with every meal. I snack on fresh fruit during the day, and I only eat meat occasionally, usually chicken. I think I may need to up the protein, probably with a whey protein shake in the evening.

The bit I have to work out is eating on the bike - something I've never done. What should I be trying out? gels? power/clif bars? I want to experiment with different options and see how my energy levels go. I'm doing lots of research at the moment.